Building modules with kdelibs from installer

Saro Engels ps_ml at gmx.de
Wed Feb 6 17:51:57 CET 2008

Paulo Moura Guedes schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 30 January 2008 18:00:35 Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:

>>> The manual way to create a package is described below:
>>>
>>> 1. install the kdewin-installer package
>>> 2. install klinkstatus in a local directory say c:\Programme\kdewebdev
>>> 3. for msvc builds run the following command
>>>
>>>         kdewin-packager -name klinkstatus -root c:\Programme\kdewebdev
>>> -version 4.00.80 -type msvc -srcroot <root of your klinkstatus source
>>> dir>
>>>
>>> note 1: for mingw packages use -type mingw
>>> note 2: the version should be the version of the used kdelibs package
>>>
>>> 4. Now you should have two zip files in the current dirs
>>> 30.01.2008  18:14           201.909 klinkstatus-msvc-4.00.80-bin.zip
>>> 30.01.2008  18:14           190.672 klinkstatus-msvc-4.00.80-src.zip
>>>
>>> Upload them by ftp to download.cegit.de in the directory incoming and
>>> send a relating email to this list.  I will add this files to the
>>> package repository.
>
> Thanks a lot Ralf, already saw that KLinkStatus is included in 0.8.6 beta4 :)
> What about new versions, should I send a new build of KLinkStatus each time a
> new version of the installer is available?
Well currently my idea is this:
Christian builds the packages for both compilers using emerge.
Thus we need a small emerge script for klinkstatus/kdewebdev which makes
building it easy.
We could use a "package maintainer" though who ensures that the package
builds, fixes small errors and can be asked for some package specific
questions (e.g. the person should be subscribed to the package's mailing
list - so that not one person needs to be subscribed to all mailing
lists). I am going to add an overview to windows.kde.org in the near future.
I would be really glad if we could win you as the maintainer of kdewebdev.

> Thanks,
> Paulo

regards,
SaroEngels