Building modules with kdelibs from installer

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Wed Feb 6 17:27:54 CET 2008

Paulo Moura Guedes schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 30 January 2008 18:00:35 Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:

>>> The manual way to create a package is described below:
>>>
>>> 1. install the kdewin-installer package
>>> 2. install klinkstatus in a local directory say c:\Programme\kdewebdev
>>> 3. for msvc builds run the following command
>>>
>>>         kdewin-packager -name klinkstatus -root c:\Programme\kdewebdev
>>> -version 4.00.80 -type msvc -srcroot <root of your klinkstatus source
>>> dir>
>>>
>>> note 1: for mingw packages use -type mingw
>>> note 2: the version should be the version of the used kdelibs package
>>>
>>> 4. Now you should have two zip files in the current dirs
>>> 30.01.2008  18:14           201.909 klinkstatus-msvc-4.00.80-bin.zip
>>> 30.01.2008  18:14           190.672 klinkstatus-msvc-4.00.80-src.zip
>>>
>>> Upload them by ftp to download.cegit.de in the directory incoming and
>>> send a relating email to this list.  I will add this files to the
>>> package repository.
>>>

> Thanks a lot Ralf, already saw that KLinkStatus is included in 0.8.6 beta4 :)
> What about new versions, should I send a new build of KLinkStatus each time a
> new version of the installer is available?

This is possible but not very efficient over the long run. A better way
is to prepare the kdewebdev sources to be able to build the ported
applications out of the box and ask Christian and/or Saro to include
kdewebdev into the emerge build system so that it will be included in
further releases.