mingw and Direct X headers

Shane King kde at dontletsstart.com
Wed Feb 6 06:42:10 CET 2008

Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask here about the direct X headers we're using
(they're mostly ones I've imported from WINE or written myself). I know
that the mingw package we're using contains some direct X stuff as well,
and it would be great if we could somehow get the headers we need
integrated upstream. I know the Qt guys would like to be able to support
phonon on mingw but can't without the appropriate headers for that
compiler (as obviously using the kde windows stuff is not an option for
them). If they could maintain the direct show backend on mingw it would
make life easier for us too, since new checkins wouldn't run the risk of
breaking the mingw build.

Any thoughts on this, and who we should be talking with to try to get
the headers into the upstream distribution? There's also a patch for the
vmr9.h header we apply when emerging that ideally should get included in
the next upstream release too.

Shane.