MSI installer for KDE4

mimoune djouallah mimoune.djouallah at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 22:41:12 CEST 2008

hi all

first sorry to hijack this thread, but as a user of kde under windows,
with home pc without internet connection, i used to download kde
binaries in cybercafe then install them in home, the process is not
very straightforward at all, i hope some day kde-installer will have
the ability to read files in the local downloaded repository and use
newer version ( of course if all the dependencies are here) without
the need to fetch config.txt from the internet, it will make life
easier for people with kde binaries without net connection.
i would like to say that when i have net access, kde-installer is very
intuitive and easy to use, no need to create another way of installing
kde, as what we have is working very well, only if we get rid of the
extra-step of configuring path and kdedirs ;)
and please all we ( ok i am selfish here) need is newer version, the
kde-workspace under windows is getting hotter each day ;)

sincerely yours