No subject

Sun Aug 17 15:40:56 CEST 2008

For mp3 and ogg I use ffdshow
For wav to play, uncompressed audio support has to be DISABLED in ffdshow
For flac I needed to install coreflac. ffdshow basically supports it too,
but only when in a container

There are of course a bunch of bugs left in Amarok, but basically, it's
fully working now.
I wanted to emerge kdebase-runtime to get icons and eyecandy, but the
current trunk seems broken.

Much thanks go to SaroEngels and _Brandon_ which guided me through the
procedure. Without them I wouldn't have succeeded. Now as soon as kdebase
gets fixed, I guess Amarok is in good enough shape to be the new main player
on this sys :)

Best regards
Sebastian Jenny

------=_Part_8931_20567958.1219154900682

hit phonon, which wouldn&#39;t compile as the trunk was broken. I
was generally working. However, no playback could be achieved. It
turned out that the needed bin/phonon_backend/phonon_ds9.dll was
missing, which got fixed after I was instructed to use --target 4.2 for
phonon rather than 4.2.0 So after emerge -i --target=4.2 phonon, ds9
was compiled properly.<br>

the procedure. Without them I wouldn&#39;t have succeeded. Now as soon as
kdebase gets fixed, I guess Amarok is in good enough shape to be the
new main player on this sys :) <br>

------=_Part_8931_20567958.1219154900682--