Purpose of l10n-kde4

Ted Nebitko tnebitko at can.rogers.com
Thu Aug 14 14:50:52 CEST 2008

I have compiled all the installable kde packages except for kdepim and l10n-kde4. The latter is a large package and produces a fatal error upon my compilation with emerge. The readme file says "You don't need to install all locales, just select the directory you want.

To compile and install a language, for instance "de":

(TODO: we might need a separate build dir)
  ./scripts/autogen.sh de
  cd de
  cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KDEDIR .
  make
  su -c "make install"

I don' understand the process and would appreciate some help on this.