Missing phonon backend

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Thu Aug 7 14:07:59 CEST 2008

Jeff Mitchell schrieb:
> I just emerged amarok and its dependencies.  However, no file would play.  I
> checked kcmshell4 kcm_phonon and found that I have no backends.
>
> After doing some digging, I checked that qt was built without phonon support
> and that kdesupport/phonon was emerged -- both true.  So I tried updating the
> phonon package, and ran into linking errors.  Then I tried a fresh build of
> it, and still ran into linking errors, pasted below.
>
> Any help, and/or any knowledge of how to get Phonon backends working, would be
> great.
try to run 'emerge --target=4.2.0 phonon'. This will give you the right
version needed.
second: please check if you have a folder 'phonon_backend' under
%KDEROOT%\bin . If not make this folder and drop the phonon_ds9.dll from
%KDEROOT%\bin in there. if this one does not exist, please check if you
have the microsoft directx sdk installed and look that you start the
file %DXSDK_DIR%\Utilities\bin\dx_setenv.cmd before running the emerge
command.
If you attend akademy, maybe we can fix this problem there.

> Thanks,
> Jeff
regards,
Patrick