Nepomuk indexing applications

Bogdan Bivolaru bogdan.bivolaru at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 19:51:35 CEST 2008

Hello,

Sorry for posting offtopic, but I could not find any Nepomuk-related mailing
list so this is as of topic here as anywhere else.

To my interests:
[intro]
I find that Nepomuk could easily also index "aplications" as resources
besides just files. Indexing applications means finding and associating
configuration backends (Konfig XT, gconf, dconf, plain text .properties...)
for different applications. My hope is that Nepomuk could automatically find
Thunderbird, Apache, Dolphin applications and settings and offer them
appropiately. That means: when asked for mail clients it should return
KMail, Thunderbird and Mutt and every other mail client I may have installed
on the machine.

And mail configuration made in Thunderbird files should be accesible to
KMail through Nepomuk.

My question is this:
Is anything similar to this on schedule? Is this a sound idea or is it
totally baloony and undoable with Nepomuk?

Thanks for spending time to read this,
Bogdan

--
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it.", 1971, Alan Kay:
http://www.smalltalk.org/alankay.html