emerge: patch for qt

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Apr 18 16:37:21 CEST 2008

On Friday 18 April 2008 12:52, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Thiago Macieira schrieb:
> >>
> >> No, please don't fix it that way. I'm aware of the problem and already
> >> talked with thiago how to fix it. The library is called 'libdbus-1'
> >> instead 'dbus-1' when build with mingw and therefore QLibrary fails. I
> >> prefer a small ifdef in qdbus_symbols.cpp
> >>
> >> The only problem which arise is that it doesn't load (lib)dbus-1d.dll -
> >> but it works for me since two weeks with msvc2005 so I don't mind.

It  does not work with the build from 20080417 with mingw,
this is the case my patch fixes. If there is a better fix, it would be cool.
Until somehow has a better fix, should'nt I commit the patch and prevent
people from losing time trying to compile something that we know will not
work?

> > I still think that you misnamed the library.
>
> no, this is the nomal convention for mingw. There are well known
> compiler specific prefixes for shared libraries (cyg for cygwin, lib for
> mingw and msvc does not have any prefix) which is respected and created
> by cmake and other buildsystem too.
>
> > It should've been libdbus-1.a → dbus-1.dll.
>
> This mistake was already done by trolltech in the past see
> http://trolltech.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?id=157932&method=ent
>ry.

It sure looks like a nameing problem as Process Monitor shows qdbusxml2cpp
trying to open the wrong filename "dbus-1.dll" while "libdbus-1.dll"
is sitting right there having the symbol.