Switch to MSVC 9.0 (aka 2008 express

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Wed Apr 16 15:46:19 CEST 2008

> Von: Abdelrazak Younes
> Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> >  I'm happy that we got nearly all kde4 compile with msvc2005sp1 and I
> >  have other things to do than jumping on every new compiler msvc
> >  releases - msvc2005sp1 was crappy enough...
>
> OK, forget about it.

thx :)

> > > Question: do you really compile everything with MSVC2005 or is
> > > there also some Mingw compiled package in the repository? I am
> > > thinking of the gettext libintl library. One of our developper
> > > (Joost in copy of this mail) has created this dependency package
> > > for us:
> > >
> >  we've also combined binary packages. See
> >  http://download.cegit.de/kde-windows/repository/win32libs/single/ -
> >  all files without 'msvc' and 'mingw' are combined ones (mostly)
> >  compiled by our own.
>
> You mean that these are compiled by your own using msys/mingw aren't you?

Yes. Because mingw doesn't depend on msvcrt80/90.dll this works very well.

> > > ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/contrib/lyx-windows-deps-msvc2008.zip
> > >
> > > Maybe you could pick up some packages in this? Joost told me that
> > > he applied a few patches to Aspell, aiksaurus and int in order to
> > > let them compile with MSVC2008.
> > >
> >  We only use aspell. Currently only the precompiled version from
> >  gnuwin32 (0.50.3) because I had no time and will to test 0.60.5. But
> >  at least it compiles. :) Aspell is one of our 'combined' packages
> >  which is useable for mingw and msvc builds. It gets compiled with
> >  msys.
>
> OK, I see. FWIW, all binaries inside the above described archive are
> compiled with MSVC2008, including gettext and Aspell. We even have
> compiled most of the aspell dictionnaries, see
> http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/Aspell6

Thx - maybe we'll update to the new aspell then. I'll see. But aspell would be compiled with mingw because of the reasons above.

Christian
--
Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/free