Switch to MSVC 9.0 (aka 2008 express

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Wed Apr 16 14:44:25 CEST 2008

> Von: Patrick Spendrin
> Abdelrazak Younes schrieb:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am involved in the LyX project and Peter Kummel had made easy to use
> > your Qt and GnuWin32 binaries for us (thanks by the way Peter ;-) . I am
> > happy to report that your installer worked perfectly and I am very
> > impressed by it. Would you consider switching to MSVC 2008?
> Probably not that fast.
> >
> > Another question, I know that LyX is not a KDE project but it makes
> > heavily use of Qt and your devel packages contains everything needed to
> > buid it. Would you consider adding LyX to your build bot?
> No non-human build bot available currently.
> But I think it would be not a great deal to add LyX to our packages in
> the end.

Why the lyx people provide an instruction how to build it I've no problems to compile it on my 'human machine build system' :). But not with msvc2008 - it would force me to recompile every single lib build for msvc2005 and it would also force all uses to update all packages instead only the new ones. We would just get to much trouble.

Chrisitna