dbus errors

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Fri Apr 11 01:52:18 CEST 2008

Peter Kümmel wrote:
>>> QString interface() const;
>>>
>>> Is this the line producing the error?
>> No, that's on line 96.  Line 75 is:
>>
>> static QDBusMessage createSignal(const QString &path, const QString
>> &interface, const QString &name);
>
> Ah, again the word interface.
>
>>> I assume the msvc headers define "interfac" as macro.
>>> To see where this happens add in front of line 75
>>> #define interface 1
>>> This produces a warning and points you to the original
>>> definition of interface.

Unfortunately, it doesn't produce anything.  It just shifts the errors
down by one line...no warnings about previous definitions of interface
are given.

However, doing:
#undef interface

Makes compile work again.

How do I solve this?  It's probably a result of including some of the
various Microsoft files I needed to include in order to get WMI methods
written.  But I don't really want to #undef things that are supposed to
be defined willy-nilly, nor can I expect that "patch Qt" is a reasonable
answer  :-)

--Jeff