dbus errors

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Fri Apr 11 00:22:40 CEST 2008

Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> Peter Kümmel wrote:
>> Jeff Mitchell wrote:

>>> Here's a (zipped, original was over 40k) output from running with
>>> /showIncludes.
>>>
>>> Hopefully you can find something.
>>>
>>> --Jeff
>> Hi Jeff,
>>
>> QString interface() const;
>>
>> Is this the line producing the error?
>
> No, that's on line 96.  Line 75 is:
>
> static QDBusMessage createSignal(const QString &path, const QString
> &interface, const QString &name);

Ah, again the word interface.

>> I assume the msvc headers define "interfac" as macro.
>> To see where this happens add in front of line 75
>> #define interface 1
>> This produces a warning and points you to the original
>> definition of interface.
>>
>> Maybe your SDK "Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2"
>> is too old, and upgrading will help.
>>
>> If you don't wanna upgrade you could try a hack: add
>> #undef interface
>> at line 74 of qtdbus\qdbusmessage.h
>
> At line 96?

behind the last #include

> Why do you think the issue is with the word interface?

When the most ingenious people at msft decide to define a
macro with the name interface in a public header, then you
could not use the word interface at any other places because
the preprocessor would replace this word with the new one,
  for instance,

#define interface struct
..., const QString &interface, const QString &name);

becomes

..., const QString &struct, const QString &name);

which isn't C++ any more.

> --Jeff

Peter Kümmel