download area layout

Saro Engels ps_ml at gmx.de
Mon Sep 3 11:45:06 CEST 2007

Ralf Habacker schrieb:

> Ralf

To show the changes I would make, I send a mockup here:
libs/ (aspell, boost, bzip2, dbus, expat ...)
tools/ (gdb, Regmon, ..., MinGW, Tortoise, astyle, byacc, cmake ...)
msvc/
     (kdelibs)
     (kdebase)
     kdesupport/ (strigi, soprano, installer, ...)
mingw/
     (kdelibs)
     (kdebase)
     kdesupport/ (strigi, soprano, installer, ...)

The debugging section is of no real difference to the other tools like
the compilers and cmake - you just need them to build yourself.
About kdesupport:
I thought about packaging kdesupport into one package, since the end
user won't have an idea about why he needs such strange named packages -
they are not really useful on their own (they do not provide apps). The
problem about this solution is obviously packaging. The dependencies are
given about kdelibs, kdesdk, kdepimlibs etc. as well so that isn't of
any importance since all packages are dependent of some others (at least
the kde ones).
Or are you thinking of folders with different dependency-levels? like:
mingw/
     kdesupport/(strigi, soprano,...)
     libs/(kdelibs, kdebase, kdesdk, ...)
     apps/(kdeedu, kdegraphics, kdenetwork, ...)

I think it is important though to clean the structure a bit, although we
haven't yet reached the complexity of cygwin ;-)

greetings - SE

p.s.: Ralf, are you working on the update thing for kdewin-installer?