KDE Windows Updater Client

Saro Engels ps_ml at gmx.de
Wed Nov 14 22:45:07 CET 2007

Vadim Peretokin schrieb:
> I think it'll be too much for the installer to handle... besides, given
> it's name, it's just an "installer".

no it would be better to try to add this function to the installer, but
there is no work going on yet:
The main problem I found when I was looking at that is that the
installer internally handles the packages with their name _and_ package
number - so implementing an update function would mean to change this
system to use just the package name and look for the version on itself.

I am not sure how far I come this weekend, but maybe I can spend some
time again on the installer.

greetings SE