Get Hot New Stuff requires gpg executable, not in gpgme package

S Page skierpage at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 7 08:07:16 CET 2007

I get
   Error - KWordQuiz
   Cannot start gpg and retrieve the available keys ...

when I choose File > Download New [whatever]

kdelibs/knewstuff/knewstuff2/core/security.cpp just seems to invoke
   *m_process << "gpg"
               << "--no-secmem-warning"
               << "--no-tty"
               << "--with-colon"
               << "--list-keys";

and then prints this error.

So I think it really needs to be able to execute a `gpg.exe`.

The gpgme-1.1.4-3-bin.zip package doesn't include a command-line gpg
tool, perhaps it should.  Meanwhile, can I use one from Cygwin?

(Sorry for all the questions, but I *will* document the answers!)

--
=S Page