buildsystem for kde on windows

Holger Schröder schroder at kde.org
Tue May 29 16:38:22 CEST 2007

Hi marcel,

On Tuesday 29 May 2007 03:39:04 Marcel Partap wrote:
> My dear KDE developers,
> pardon my impatience but when will I be able to compile the whole of KDE4
> on windows non-manually, like with Konstruct? What happened to the kewl
> winemerge build script Holger Schröder contributed? I'd really like to join

the script is still there, but it was not updated for two months, because i
had other university things to do. getting a nice build system for windows up
and running is one of the things that we want to do. we are aware, that it is
not that easy to compile kde on windows right now. we are working on this...

> in on debugging this 'next best Windows GUI', and of course have fun with
> trying to get it to compile under WINE. But right now, the build manual
> seems outdated, and people keep complaining about missing files;
> additionally I'd prefer to compile everything on my computer and not load
> it with 'foreign' binaries.. So, what about a proper automatic build
> system? Would it not be time well invested? IMHO a lot of duplicate
> fiddling is taking place right now.. I may be completely wrong on that
> though.
> regards,
> Marcel

we are always happy, when people join in and help us with some tasks, for
example we would be happy, when some python hacker would step up and keep the
emerge scripts up-to-date, that job is quite simple. or somebody could keep
the online documentation up-to-date...

regards, Holger