D-Bus problem

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri May 18 04:14:07 CEST 2007

On 17.05.07 23:18:24, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat schrieb:

> >> Which var is it ?
> >>

> > See trunk/KDE/kdebase/runtime/kioslave/DEBUG.howto for information. I
> > don't know wether that will work on win32.
> >
> Thanks for this pointer. The main trick for unix is done in kinit/kinit.cpp
>
>         fprintf(stderr, "kdeinit4: Suspending process\n"
>                         "kdeinit4: 'gdb kdeinit4 %d' to debug\n"
>                         "kdeinit4: 'kill -SIGCONT %d' to continue\n",
>                         getpid(), getpid());
>         kill(getpid(), SIGSTOP);
>
> The real question is how to suspend the process so that gdb or other
> debuggers can continue the attached process.

After about 4 hours of kdebug-adding+recompiling I found that the
hostname lookup for the pc name doesn't work which breaks the socket.
Then I tried to track down this a bit and came into kdecore/network. So
I looked at the log. I didn't see any comment that would point into the
right direction so I just tried with a revert of everything up to May
10th. Unfortunately that didn't help yet... I have another build started
right now and will look at the additional kdebug outputs tomorrow.

Andreas

--
Don't you feel more like you do now than you did when you came in?