D-Bus problem

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu May 17 23:18:24 CEST 2007

Andreas Pakulat schrieb:
> On 17.05.07 13:01:05, Ralf Habacker wrote:
>
>> Andreas Pakulat schrieb:
>>
>>> On Unix and KDE3 one could attach a gdb if you're fast enough. First you
>>> had to restart kded with an env var set then it would always produce the
>>> pid of the kioslave on stderr when a new kioslave is created. I guess
>>> this doesn't work on Windows.
>>>

>> Which var is it ?
>>

> See trunk/KDE/kdebase/runtime/kioslave/DEBUG.howto for information. I
> don't know wether that will work on win32.

Thanks for this pointer. The main trick for unix is done in kinit/kinit.cpp

        fprintf(stderr, "kdeinit4: Suspending process\n"
                        "kdeinit4: 'gdb kdeinit4 %d' to debug\n"
                        "kdeinit4: 'kill -SIGCONT %d' to continue\n",
                        getpid(), getpid());
        kill(getpid(), SIGSTOP);

The real question is how to suspend the process so that gdb or other
debuggers can continue the attached process.