KDEWIN installer binary package Howto

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu May 3 22:28:31 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I like to inform how simple it is to build binary package for the kdewin
installer.

1. Download  recent kdewin packager from
http://download.cegit.de/kde-windows/installer/
2. install compiled package on the local computer
3. run kdewin packager to create binary packages

     kdewin-packager-x.y.z.exe  -name <packagename> -version <x.y.z>
[-strip] [-complete]

                -name <packageName>
                -root <path to package files>
                -srcroot <path to source files>
                -srcexclude <patterns> path pattern to exclude from src
package
                -version <package version>
                -strip <strip debug infos> (MinGW only)
                -notes <additional notes for manifest files>
                -type type of package (mingw, msvc) Don't specific -type
for a combined package containing dll's and import libraries for mingw
and msvc
                -destdir directory where to store the zip files to
                -complete also create all-in-one binary package with all
files

4. Then upload the zip archives to  ftp://ftp.cegit.de/incoming or any
other public web space of ftp server and send me a mail about this new
package. I will move then the packages to the repository.

Building qt packages is a special case because the binaries lives inside
the source tree. The packager has build in suppport for selecting the
required files. Simple use the option -name qt  for example use the
following line to build a mingw binary snapshot package from svn
checkout on 2007-04-14.

     kdewin-packager-x.y.z.exe  -name qt -version 4.4.0-20070414svn
-type mingw -root c:\qt-copy -strip -complete

If the package is build from a given source version use this version
optional with a patch level '-x' appended  for example 1.3.4-5 for
version 1.3.4 patch level 5.

After running thje above mentioned command you will have 5 packages in
your current directory
qt-mingw-4.4.0-20070414-bin.zip  -> executables, dlls and config files
qt-mingw-4.4.0-20070414-lib.zip   -> include headers and import libraries
qt-mingw-4.4.0-20070414-doc.zip -> documentation
qt-mingw-4.4.0-20070414-src.zip  -> sources
qt-mingw-4.4.0-20070414.zip         -> contains all files from
bin/lib/doc package

Building binary packages help new users to get faster into KDE on
Windows development and helps user to concentrate to the really
interesting KDE packages and I believe that if someone has already build
a required package, creating and uploading binary package is a little
additional step and will helps others very much.

Regards