New requirement for kdelibs

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue May 1 11:52:15 CEST 2007

On 01.05.07 11:26:18, Peter Kümmel wrote:
> Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> > Peter Kümmel schrieb:

> >> Isn't it possible to remove the boost dependency? Boost is a header
> >> monster,
> >> and if it is only because of some smart pointers it is not worth the
> >> trouble.
> >>
> > Don't ask me, ask kde-pim. If they want to have it and want to compile
> > kde-pim on win32 they have to take care for this. I don't care :)
> >

> Currently the dependency is header only, so we don't need any binary,
> but I'm sure using boost is viral so it is only a question of time
> until other parts of boost are used.

KDevelop4 has a dependecy on Boost and not just headers. And according
to the author it can't be changed because its the serialization stuff
and Qt's serialization can't compete there. So at some point in the
future we will probably have boost with mingw (I didn't even try to
build it on windows), not sure if msvc can handle that stuff though.

Andreas

--
You will probably marry after a very brief courtship.