kdelibs compile error

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Tue Mar 27 22:25:37 CEST 2007

Paul Broadbent schrieb:
> Hi,
> I've been attempting to compile KDE in windows using this guide:
> http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki/index.php/Building_KDElibs_4_using_MS_Visual_Studio
>
> It's been quite a struggle, but until now a little googling around has
> eventually solved any problems I came across. But now I'm stuck with
> kdelibs, I've got it to configure ok with:
>
> cmake -G"NMake Makefiles" ..\kdelibs
>
> but when I run nmake it gets to 1% (kconfig.cpp) and then gives me
> this error message:
>
> f:\kdesource\kde\trunk\kde\kdelibs-build\kdecore/kdefakes.h(119) :
> error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'gid_t'
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"F:\KDE 4\MICROS~1\VC\bin\cl.exe' : return
> code '0x2'
> Stop.
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"F:\KDE 4\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 8\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
> Stop.
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"F:\KDE 4\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 8\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
> Stop.
>
> Any thoughts?

gid_t is defined in kdewin32's sys/types.h which is included in unistd.h
which is included in kdefakes.h:115 - so I assume you either missed
installing kdewin32 or has another unistd.h around. Check your includes.
> By the way, there may be a few spelling errors in the error message
> above, since I copied it it from the windows command prompt by hand
> (is there a way to copy text from the command prompt?)
>

> Also, a completely separate question. My goal is eventually to run the
> Kolf binary (from KDE Games) on a windows system without installing
> anything. This is because I'm the Kolf maintainer and want some kind
> of demonstration of the scale of project I'm capable of working on for
> a job interview. I'm hoping KDE apps are like Qt ones, so if I have
> the binary and a few dlls in that folder then it will run, is this
> even possible? I'm a bit clueless about KDE on Windows at the mo.
> (And I know that Kolf doesn't currently compile on windows, or at
> least is disabled, I'm hoping to fix that :))
For kdegames you'll need at least kdelibs. And currently we don't know
if it's working on another system than the one you compiled kdelibs on
it (because of some hardcoded paths).
Also kolf is dsabled because of libksirtet - it's not compilable on
win32 (at least not some weeks ago) due to posix functions not available
on win32.

Christian