This makes no sense.

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jun 20 14:54:52 CEST 2007

On 20.06.07 07:35:58, Andrew Berg wrote:

> Ralf Habacker wrote:
> > Andrew Berg schrieb:
> >
> > Before compiling all the stuff by yourself at the very first: do you
> > have tried the KDEWIN installer on
> > http://download.cegit.de/kde-windows/installer ?
> >
> > There are out of the box binary packages which may help to get starting
> > into KDE WIN development very quickly.
> I downloaded the binary release of Qt, but I reconfigured for openssl

Instead of that, you should use the installer. It provides a directly
usable qt4.3.

> and qdbus, which it says to do here:
> http://kdelibs.com/wiki/index.php/Building_KDElibs_4_using_GCC_and_MinGW_with_Qt_4.2

That page is somewhat unclear. I wanted to update it this week, but
didn't yet get around to it.

> The installer would've been helpful at the beginning, but I don't see
> much use for it now.

Its also useful for keeping up-to-date, some of these packages are
updated every now and then (for example windbus).

Seriously, unless your on a low-bandwidth connection which you have to
pay for I'd remove everything and start from scratch with the installer.
Thats what I did (after first trying the odyssey following the
instructions you mentioned) and it was much easier, I probably saved
myself a few more days of error-finding.

Andreas

--
You will be imprisoned for contributing your time and skill to a bank robbery.