question about pconfig file format

Jaros?aw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Fri Jan 19 00:20:29 CET 2007

Ralf Habacker said the following, On 2007-01-18 23:09:

> for the kde installer there is a prelimary format which describes the
> download
> resources (for an example see
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/kdewin32/installer/config.txt?view=markup).
>

> My question is if someone has a better idea for a file format of this
> config file.

One option is to go with XML. Depends if we'll want to extend the format
what's is very likely. This can help to keep it backward compatible.

For example, with XML it could be possible to add a "size" field which in turn
will allow us one day to show a "real" progress bar.

(not that the above extension is impossible with custom language, but XML is
safer)

If the file is not going to be created by people from outside of this project,
it's not a problem the XML is harder to use than .ini-like file formats.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek