kde installer in kdewin32 svn

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Mon Jan 8 22:41:10 CET 2007

mark cox wrote:
> I'm not sure why you are re-inventing the wheel. inno setup is mature
> installation software with many features and you can extend it to add those
> missing features. In my experience, installers on windows always turn
> out to
> be much more complicated than anticipated and because inno setup is mature
> it has already encountered and solved those problems.
> website: www.innosetup.com
>
> mark
>

> On 1/8/07, Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> there is an updated spec of the installer available on
>>
>> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/kdewin32/installer/doc/readme.txt?rev=620682&view=auto
>>
>> .
>>

>> Any suggestions too or sombody want's to help coding  beside Christian
>> Ehrlicher, who had contributed already some patches ?
>>
>> Ralf

I use inno setup here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=29557&package_id=57553&release_id=425927
(the .exe). It has a pascal like syntax, and when
you wanna distribute all files within a directory and wanna call
some .bat files it is very convenient.
It has a build-in 7zip compression.

Wouldn't it be the simplest to just ship all files in one package.
When someone doesn't want some specific libraries he should
do it like a expert and use svn checkouts.

Peter