Stand alone Konqueror browser

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Jan 5 16:03:03 CET 2007

Andreas Baitis schrieb:
> Thanks for the info Ralf,
>
> As a web developer that uses Konqueror allot, I'm very happy to see that some
> progress is being made toward getting KDE apps running under windows.
>
> I think KDE and Linux in general would do very well having Konqueror running
> on Windows. I consider it to be the best browser out there, and it would be a
> great ambassador for OSS.
>
> While I have php/javascript programming experience, I have no C/C++
> experience, is there anything I can do to help the project along?

There are several way to help:
1. There is a new developer page on http://developernew.kde.org, which
have currently no windows related informations inside There are already
some informations in www.kdelibs.com and wiki.kde.org, but
developernew.kde.org looks me to a place where such informations should
also be placed or at least linked to.

2. Coming from php/javascript learning c++ in a way that you ar eable to
compile application seems possible if you are willing to investigate
some time - see
http://developernew.kde.org/Contribute#Getting_Started_with_Coding for
more informations

3. Packaging - A very important area for KDE on windows is to build
binary packages and to place it somewhere in the internet, so that
people are not required to recompile kde by semself. We have already
some packagers and we are looking for more packagers:

- dbus
- kdewin32
- kdelibs
- qt4 with qdbus patch
- kdelibs
- kdepimlibs
- kdebase
- other kde packages
- kdeedu

For uploading ftp.kde.org may be a place where a good place for such
packages, but I haven't got an answer until now