How to upload non-image files on kdelibs.com

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Thu Jan 4 00:20:35 CET 2007

Ralf Habacker said the following, On 2007-01-03 23:57:
> Jarosław Staniek schrieb:
>> Ralf Habacker said the following, On 2007-01-03 22:57:
>>
>>> i've tried to upload a central config file for the kde-installer, but
>>> I cannot find any way to upload a regular text file over the
>>> mediawiki frontend. Can you tell me any way to perform this ?
>>
>> Ralf,
>> I've just added possibility of uploading txt files (as well as
>> opendocument and pdfs)
>>
>> After uploading (using the "Upload file" left-hand link), the easiest
>> way to embed a link to the file is to put:
>>
>> {{txt|filename.txt|Your description}}
>>
>> This is a template I added, so also a nice icon will appear near the
>> filename.
>>
> thanks, i can access this file under the url
> http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki/images/8/81/Config.txt.
>
> This file is intended as a basic setup file for the kde-installer like
> http://www.cygwin.com/mirrors.lst is for cygwin
>
> Do you know if I can add a symbolic link to this file using a shorter
> name for example http://www.kdelibs.com/installer/config.txt  ?

Not for now and not within the wiki. Hmm, I guess we can setup a separate
directory tree, especially that you'll not be able to upload another
config.txt file via wiki.
I think about setting up Subversion there, so we'll get version control too,
or a web app like PHPfileNavigator (http://pfn.sourceforge.net).

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek