Stand alone Konqueror browser

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Wed Jan 3 13:29:52 CET 2007

Andreas Baitis schrieb:
> Hello list,
>
> I don't know if this is the right place to ask this.
>
> Will a user be able to install applications (say Konqueror) as stand alone
> under windows, with the kde-windows project? Or will they have to install the
> full environment?

This depends on how much people will be willing to contribute to this
project. Recent code has serveral dependencies, which are be present on
every unix/linux system but not on windows by default.

Because of this the strategy is to get kde running using the recent code
base and the given dependencies and then to reduce the required
dependencies.

konqueror for example will need the following requirements

- a dbus binary package
- some gnuwin32 or win32libs package
bzip2.dll
giflib4.dll
iconv.dll
jpeg62.dll
libcharset1.dll
libeay32.dll
libexslt.dll
libiconv2.dll
libintl3.dll
libpng13.dll
libssl32.dll
libtiff3.dll
libxml2.dll
libxslt.dll
pcre3.dll
pcreposix3.dll
zlib1.dll
- a kdewin32 binary package
- a binary kdelibs package
- a binary kdepimlibs package (it is required by kdebase, i'm not sure
if for konqueror immediatly)

and probably some more not mentioned packages.  To be able to deal with
all this packages, a specific kde installer is in work (see other thread
in this list)

While some packages will be required for ever, some may be able to be
skipped, i'm not sure. Also this depends on how the binary packages are
distributed. For example the gnuwin32/win32libs packages may be
distributed as part of the kdewin32 package.
> Does the project have a FAQ or web-site to browse?

See www.kdelibs.com

BTW: There are several areas, where people can contribute to this
project. In the current state, developers which are fixing bugs and
trying to get run kde application as much as possible are very welcome.