Getting started

Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Wed Feb 28 12:59:37 CET 2007

Von: Bo Thorsen <bo at thorsen-consulting.dk>
> Wednesday 28 February 2007 10:44 Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de wrote:
> > Von: Bo Thorsen <bo at thorsen-consulting.dk>
> >
> > > Hi People,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to get started building KDE on Windows, but it's not really
> > > working.
> > >
> > > I'm using Visual Studio Express 2005 on Vista with Qt 4.2.2. I have
> > > already on
> > > previous Qt projects set up VS with the SDK and the correct paths.
> > >
> > > I have installed CMake and Perl, but have problems with win32libs. I
> > > downloaded the GUI installer for it and ran it, but I'm not completely
> > > sure
> > > what to get. The website says I should get all bin and lib packages,
> but
> > > is
> > > that really true? My guess is that I should only get the bin and lib
> > > packages

> this
> > >
> > > group that are not really available - aspell, giflib, iconv, and
> others
> > > doesn't have any bin, lib, doc, or src to check.
> >
> > Use the complete package here - I'm splitting them only when I build a
> new
> > package.
>
> I tried that already (and just again to be certain). It doesn't work. I
> checked the 'all' on all the win32libs packages that are not split, and it
> didn't actually download anything.

Ok, I'll take a look on this - looks like an installer-bug.

You can also download it manually from the server (or use the old location: http://www.abi-neuhaus.de/chris/win32libs/zip/iconv-1.9.2.win32.zip )
> > Some other notes for msvc:
> > - you need to build kdeinw32 debug and release - just let cmake create a
> > vcproj and install both -> maybe we should provide a binary package here
> -
> > don't build kdelibs with vcproj - use nmake instead
> > - don't use VS2005 SP1
> >
> > Thx for trying out our installer :)
>
> You're welcome. If you stay with me until I succeed, I'll do the same :-)
>
> My goal is to eventually have konsole up and running. And then kontact :-P

kopete starts, but there are problems with kioslaves that disables open/save dialoges (and all other classes which need kio-slave). Also khtml crashes (msvc is soooooo stupid!) - have to talk with the khtml devs here.

Christian