Getting started

Bo Thorsen bo at thorsen-consulting.dk
Wed Feb 28 10:30:04 CET 2007

Hi People,

I'm trying to get started building KDE on Windows, but it's not really
working.

I'm using Visual Studio Express 2005 on Vista with Qt 4.2.2. I have already on
previous Qt projects set up VS with the SDK and the correct paths.

I have installed CMake and Perl, but have problems with win32libs. I
downloaded the GUI installer for it and ran it, but I'm not completely sure
what to get. The website says I should get all bin and lib packages, but is
that really true? My guess is that I should only get the bin and lib packages
from the win32libs group. But there are a number of the packages in this
group that are not really available - aspell, giflib, iconv, and others
doesn't have any bin, lib, doc, or src to check.

When I run the cmake...VS8...kdewin32, it complains about a missing iconv
include file. This might have suggested that my assumption about only getting
stuff from the win32libs is wrong, but iconv is only "available" in this
group. And as explained above, it isn't really available.

Where am I going wrong here?

Bo.

--

Thorsen Consulting ApS - Qt consulting services
http://www.thorsen-consulting.dk