kdepimlibs and msvc7

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Mon Feb 26 18:58:06 CET 2007

Stromek schrieb:
> On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 05:50:48PM +0100, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>> Stromek schrieb:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> can someone help me with following? Few weeks ago kdepimlibs (also with
>>> kcal) compiled. Now it doesn't. According to svn log, vsnprintf.c was last
>>> modified in july 2006 so probably there is an error on my side. Any idea?
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> vsnprintf.c(55) contains
>>>
>>>    static sigjmp_buf bail;
>>>
>>> It is strange, because compiler does not complain about sigjmp_buf but
>>> about bail. So it looks like it knows what is sigjmp_buf.
>>>
>> We've our own vsnprintf in kdewin32 lib. Looks like your check for
>> vsnprintf returned false... try a clean build dir
>
> This is the output of creating makefiles (in clean build dir). There is no test for vsnprintf, no failure for me. And compilation fails with the same error. I also updated kdewin32 to recent svn version.

Ok, I found the solution
1. the check for snprintf also affects vsnprintf
2. snprintf was found some time ago but currently it isn't (tested with
my old CMakeCache.txt)
3. vsnprintf.c compiles fine with msvc8 :)
4. please svn up kdelibs/cmake and install kdelibs
5. Then delete your CMakeCache.txt from kdepimlibs (or remove snprintf
cache entry) and start over, should work now

Christian