Release/Debug mess

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Dec 28 02:42:07 CET 2007

Hi,

could somebody that mastered the problems of release and debug builds on
win32 please tell me:

Can I build a release kdelibs and then a debug kdevelop and expect the
whole thing to work? As far as I can see that doesn't work, because
kdelibs will pull in release Qt libs and kdevelop itself will pull in
debug libs for Qt4.

Or more exactly kdevplatform links against QtDbus4d.dll which uses
dbus-1d.dll and that one seems to be completely unusable - at least
depends is telling me there is an error with the side-by-side
configuration information for dbus-1d.dll

I'm just checking if the above mentioned is supposed to work or if I
just have to rebuild kde in debug mode.

Andreas

--
Chess tonight.