Linking error in KDevelop with MSVC

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Dec 26 23:12:46 CET 2007

On 26.12.07 22:26:43, Manuel Klimek wrote:
> the whole command line of the link command would be interesting (to be
> found in @C:\DOKUME~1\Andreas\LOKALE~1\Temp\nm1ED.tmp), but
> I don't know if this is preserved in a nmake build, I usually use devenv builds,
> since they provide better log facilities.

Its not, but it can easily be found in the generated Makefiles. However
kdev4cppduchain.lib is listed as a library being linked to. Apart from
the other libs the flags for link are:

/PDB:... /dll /version:0.0 /MANIFEST /STACK:1000000 /machine:I386 /debug
/INCREMENTAL:YES

> The next thing would be to open the library where
> __imp_?evaluateExpression at ExpressionParser@Cpp@@QAE?AVExpressionEvaluationResult at 2@ABVQByteArray@@V?$DUChainPointer at VDUContext@KDevelop@@@KDevelop@@ABV?$QList at VImportTraceItem@KDevelop@@@@@Z
> should be exported with depends.exe (you can download it for free if you
> don't have it) and look whether it is really there like you expect it.

It does contain that object, checked both with depends and a text-editor
looking through the .lib file...

Thats why I'm so confused also that class has 2 other methods which are
found just fine, its just this one method which doesn't seem to be
found for some reason.

Andreas

--
You display the wonderful traits of charm and courtesy.