useless discussion on MinGW/MSVC & releasing apps

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Dec 24 11:06:12 CET 2007

Ralf Habacker schrieb:

>> Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:

>>> Plz add the showstopper 'kfilewidget'. You can't change the current
>>> drive and I'm curently unable to solve this problem. I already tried it
>>> without sucess. It should show the same directory tree like the native
>>> file open dialog. Desktop -> Arbeitsplatz -> C:, D:, ... but the current
>>> url-based implementation does not allow this.
>>>
>>> We should also disable the dbus-commandline window. Ralf?
>>>

>> Thats somehow curios, if you run kdeinit4 first, it runs dbus-daemon in
>> the background and there is no console window.
>> in kdelibs there is code to start kdeinit4 if no dbus-daemon is running,
>> but it looks the the autostart feature in libdbus overrides this, which
>> means it  looks to  be called first .
>> As far as i can see does the CreateProcess in the libdbus autostart code
>> opens this window and I have no idea how to disable it.
>>

> I should add some notes for clarification: CreateProcess has a process
> creation flag to disable the console windows but this disables also
> debug message printing, which is not really what we want.
>
> The conclusion is that dbus-daemon should be started by kdeinit4 and no
> by dbus autostart option.

I found at least a workaround: I have committed a little patch to
windbus svn trunk. libdbus does now not open a console window when
starting dbus-daemon.

If someone like to see dbus verbose messages the following sequence is
recommended:

set DBUS_VERBOSE=1
start dbus-daemon --session
<start your prefered application>