MSVC build of kdelibs fails

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Dec 23 17:46:19 CET 2007

On 23.12.07 16:14:08, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > tried to build kde4 with emerge today, but kdelibs fails when it tries
> > to generate the KWallet dbus xml interface file from the adaptor.
> > qdbuscpp2xml crashes. Patrick already suggested to build dbus-src as
> > well, but that didn't help.
> >
> > Any hints how to fix this?
> >
> This problem has nothing to do with dbus but looks like you've an old
> qdbuscpp2xml somewhere. The problem was that qdbucpp2xml could not
> handle windows lineendings.

Well, there are 3 such binaries on my system, one in KDEROOT/bin, one in
the qt4.3 source dir and one in the qt4.3 package-dir. So no, there are
no old binaries from older Qt4.3 anywhere on the system.

> Current version works fine for me - did a clean build some days ago with
>  qt binaries from Ralf's server (4.3.3-1).

I've built Qt4.3 with emerge which uses TT's .zip. Are there any patches
that Ralf applies?

> If this does not help you'l have no other chance than build qdbuscpp2xml
> in debug mode and do some debugging.

I guess so...

Andreas

--
You're a card which will have to be dealt with.