kdesupport/kdewin32/tools

Saro Engels ps_ml at gmx.de
Sun Dec 23 16:54:04 CET 2007

Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:
> Ralf Habacker schrieb:
>> Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:

>>> I'm somewhat unhappy with this. kdewin32 subdir should imo only used for
>>> the kdewin32 library, nothing more. All additional tools for windows
>>> should be moved to another location - e.g. kdewin-tools.
>>>
>> unfortunally this adds an additional dependency
>>> kdewin-emerge should be moved too.
>>>
>> I agree that kdewin-emerge should be moved outside kdewin32.
>>> Otherwise we might get a chicken-egg problem here.
>>>
>> you mean because of tool dependencies on the kdewin32 library. This
>> tools are build after kdewin32 so there is no problem because the tools
>> can use the kdewin32 library.
>> Additional these tools are essential for building kde packages as the
>> library itself. This is the reason why I added for example png2ico
>> instead of using an external package - to reduce the number of external
>> libraries and therefore to reduce the number of support requests :-)
>>
>> If you still think that it is worth to move it out, feel free to do so,
>> make a binary package, add the required dependencies in the installer
>> config file and emerge build system and so on.
>>
> Maybe we should reorganize it
>
> kdewin32/create_hash_table
> kdewin32/svg2ico
> kdewin32/png2ico
> kdewin32/kdewin32-lib
>
> ?
>
> But emerge should really be moved out. Saro?

If we could move emerge to kdesupport I would be glad - or basically on
the same level as kdewin-installer - since I try to make both working
together we could put them to kdewin-install or something like that -
but that is just a thought.

Best would be if we find a solution within the remaining days of the year.

SE