useless discussion on MinGW/MSVC & releasing apps

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Dec 22 19:27:14 CET 2007

Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:
> Saro Engels schrieb:
>
>> Andreas Pakulat schrieb:

>>> Agreed.

>>> Well, for now thats probably Ok, but I hope we can switch to gcc4.2 or
>>> even 4.3 for the first release already.

>>> Do we have a list of all these issues? I suspect I can find out some
>>> things by simply building and trying a kde app, but having them written
>>> down might be a good thing.
>>>
>>> Maybe we should ask for a bugzilla component for kde-win specific issues
>>>
>> There is
>> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Windows/Missing/features/functions/kdelibs
>> already which is not to much yet. If you find something, please add it
>> below.
>>

> Plz add the showstopper 'kfilewidget'. You can't change the current
> drive and I'm curently unable to solve this problem. I already tried it
> without sucess. It should show the same directory tree like the native
> file open dialog. Desktop -> Arbeitsplatz -> C:, D:, ... but the current
> url-based implementation does not allow this.
>
> We should also disable the dbus-commandline window. Ralf?

Thats somehow curios, if you run kdeinit4 first, it runs dbus-daemon in
the background and there is no console window.
in kdelibs there is code to start kdeinit4 if no dbus-daemon is running,
but it looks the the autostart feature in libdbus overrides this, which
means it  looks to  be called first .
As far as i can see does the CreateProcess in the libdbus autostart code
opens this window and I have no idea how to disable it.