Debugging MinGW executables with WinDbg

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Dec 22 14:20:07 CET 2007

Hi,

as mentioned on the debugging hints for MinGW part, I tried to use
windbg, but it refuses to work here. That is I can't set a breakpoint in
the cmake plugin, which obviously doesn't export any symbols.

It seems that without a symbol file windbg doesn't work with plugins as
those don't export any symbols. Is there any way to workaround or fix
that?

I'd like to avoid the need for MSVC just for debugging, especially as I
can't seem to de-install my current version (the first try failed it
hang somewhere and now the de-install routine doesn't work anymore)

Andreas

--
You will be misunderstood by everyone.