building libraries with mingw

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Wed Aug 29 08:25:38 CEST 2007

> Von: Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de>
> Saro Engels schrieb:
> > I currently try to make kde-network compile with mingw and there are
> > still some errors left; Since I wanted to get jabber support as well, I
> > try to build libidn myself, but I had no luck yet.
> >
> If you refering to libidn from http://www.gnu.org/software/libidn/ the
> reason is because libidn uses automake, which does not work well under
> native win32.
>
> You can try to use a  custom Makefile to generate the library and tools
> or to port it to the cmake buildsystem (see www.cmake.org for more
> informations)
stop please. Don't make double work and just ask me ;-)
Or ask Serhiy Kachanuk - he already build kopete on win32 with jabber and my libidn lib.

http://web779.michelle.webhoster.ag/kde/libidn-1.0-1.7z

Be aware that this lib is only tested by serzh - I have had no time to test it by my own. It's a combined mingw/msvc lib (because it's c only)

Christian