kdelibs building...

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Tue Apr 10 10:45:47 CEST 2007

Andreas Pakulat schrieb:
> On 09.04.07 22:59:41, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>
>> Andreas Pakulat schrieb:

>>> Well I wanted to compile it, but well it did so two times so I know how
>>> to do that, in case I sometime need qt-copy...
>>>
>>> One thing that seems to be not working is using the -prefix option under
>>> windows. The first problem is that qmake then looks for the mkspecs in
>>> the install-dir and also qmake is not copied to the install-dir during
>>> make install.
>>>

>> qt.conf is your friend: http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/qt-conf.html
>> the kdewin-installer also creates this file to fix the qmake-problem.

Little correction: the installer does not create the qt.conf, the
qt-...-bin packages includes a bin/qt.conf using relativ pathes.
postinstall script creating support will need some more time to be
implemented. I have to think about how to design this stuff in a general
easy to use way.
> Yeah found that already while trying to use the binary packages.
>
> However there are at least two new problems:
>
> a) CMake 2.4.6 looks for libz z and zdll, but I have libz1.dll installed
> here (via kdewin-installer)

cmake's FindZLIB.cmake is broken for win32

> b) CMake doesn't seem to consider CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH for include header
> paths and thus doesn't find zlib.h or later on the Strigi headers (after
> manually changing FindZLIB.cmake.

There are some cmake issues on win32  using a common win32 installation
base. I'm going to fix this currently for mingw after we are common
about the way to go. Please see the relating KDEWIN thread.