Building QtDBus

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Mon Oct 23 00:04:16 CEST 2006

Peter Kümmel said the following, On 2006-10-22 23:19:

>>Imho it would be better to compile from svn source. Shouldn't be that
>>big problem... :)
>

> It's like a test if you are mature enough for kdelibs ;)

Mature for using it or mature for developing it? ;)
Eventually, neither should be much harder to do compared to the direct
competition. There are really clever people in the proect, but IMO the real
test will be when "ordinary" developers come on the board -- people using our
(not yet existing) bundled binary distribution.

>>>BTW, I've a bit improved the wiki page by providing links to the patches and
>>>some formatting.
>>>

> That's great. It's so important to get new developers. But when you are
> developing it's so annoying to write docs.

Random notes you already know:

When we develop the development environment as kdelibs/win32 is, what about
noting down every single bit of information before we forget it was important?
Let's note down warnings and rationales that may be obvious to you and not to
others. When you write that, it's surprisingly easy to recognize possible
problems that are not obvious unless you expressed thoughts on the "paper".

I consider the "installation checklist" wiki docs also as our internal tool -
especially "Page history" and "Recent changes" links.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek