Building QtDBus

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Sun Oct 22 23:19:40 CEST 2006

Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
need windbus from sf.net/projects/windbus (check out svn, apply
>>> windows-patch.diff & compile with cmake, install, apply
>>> qt-qdbus-win32.patch to qt sources, change path if it's not c:/Programme
>>> in src.pro and compile qdbus)
>> Looking at
>> http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki/index.php/QtDBus
>> I can see that http://sourceforge.net/projects/windbus points to binary
>> windbus distribution. So are the steps "apply windows-patch.diff and compile
>> D-Bus" still needed?
>>
> Now I know why we get an _RTC_CheckEsp linker error... Peter, Am I right
> that this snapshot is build with msvc?

I think there is also a mingw build, but maybe it is a little bit outdated.

> Imho it would be better to compile from svn source. Shouldn't be that
> big problem... :)

It's like a test if you are mature enough for kdelibs ;)

>> BTW, I've a bit improved the wiki page by providing links to the patches and
>> some formatting.

That's great. It's so important to get new developers. But when you are
developing it's so annoying to write docs.

--
Peter Kümmel