FW: KDELib Qt4 Question

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Thu Nov 2 10:42:33 CET 2006

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 10:39:15 +0100
Von: "Peter Kümmel" <syntheticpp at gmx.net>
An: KDE on Windows <kde-windows at kde.org>
Betreff: Re: FW: KDELib Qt4 Question

> Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> > Von: Stromek <stromek at realtime.sk>
> >> running
> >> issue.

> D:\Profiles\nbr876\Desktop\QT\qt-win-preview-opensource-src-4.2.0-tp1>pa

> >> You removed steps to patch qt source. Was there any need to rewrite
> >> the qtdbus build procedure? The previous procedure contained everything
> >> that was needed, in a clear way (as far as I know). There comes nothing
> >> new with this changed wiki page (build qtdbus).
> >>
> > There *is* something new with this page - I removed the link to the
> outdated binary and used the text from mingw page to be consistent. But I also
> forgot the step to patch Qt sources, yes.
> >
> > Fixed,
> > Christian
>
> What about renaming the two patches to DBus-win32.patch and
> QtDBus-win32.patch,
> maybe then it becomes clearer.

sounds good
> I see the wiki describes only the Debug build for dBus (dbus-1d.lib);
> don't you get errors when building QtDBus because of the missing release
> library (dbus-1.lib)?
>
> The release lib could build by dropping -G"NMake Makefiles" then project
> files are
> generated or by adding -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release.

I thinkI compiled windbus with the ide and so did not hit this problem
> The project files for kdelibs had problems with too long mocing
> parameters, but
> I know that moc supports files as parameter input now ( '@' is not
> documented
> despite I filed a bug report but you will see it in src\tools\moc\main.cpp
> line 181).

I think a task for alex. Maybe he already changed this.
> Has anybody compiled kdelibs with the IDE? If it works we could drop all
> -G"NMake Makefiles"  from the docs, also kdewin32.

No, also please don't try it as the ide has different output paths (adding 'debug' and 'release' subdir). I've a lot of problems with this in SIM-IM... :(

Christian
--
GMX DSL-Flatrate 0,- Euro* - Überall, wo DSL verfügbar ist!
NEU: Jetzt bis zu 16.000 kBit/s! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl