FW: KDELib Qt4 Question

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Thu Nov 2 10:39:15 CET 2006

Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Von: Stromek <stromek at realtime.sk>
>> running
>> issue.

>> D:\Profiles\nbr876\Desktop\QT\qt-win-preview-opensource-src-4.2.0-tp1>pa
>>> You're mixing the two patchs
>>>
>>> windows-patch.diff - patch for windbus sources
>>> qt-qdbus-win32.patch - patch for qt
>>>
>>> Is this wrong in wiki?
>> You removed steps to patch qt source. Was there any need to rewrite
>> the qtdbus build procedure? The previous procedure contained everything
>> that was needed, in a clear way (as far as I know). There comes nothing
>> new with this changed wiki page (build qtdbus).
>>
> There *is* something new with this page - I removed the link to the outdated binary and used the text from mingw page to be consistent. But I also forgot the step to patch Qt sources, yes.
>
> Fixed,
> Christian

What about renaming the two patches to DBus-win32.patch and QtDBus-win32.patch,
maybe then it becomes clearer.

I see the wiki describes only the Debug build for dBus (dbus-1d.lib);
don't you get errors when building QtDBus because of the missing release
library (dbus-1.lib)?

The release lib could build by dropping -G"NMake Makefiles" then project files are
generated or by adding -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release.

The project files for kdelibs had problems with too long mocing parameters, but
I know that moc supports files as parameter input now ( '@' is not documented
despite I filed a bug report but you will see it in src\tools\moc\main.cpp line 181).

Has anybody compiled kdelibs with the IDE? If it works we could drop all
-G"NMake Makefiles"  from the docs, also kdewin32.

Peter