[Kde-windows] crystalsvg not found

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Wed Feb 22 23:48:29 CET 2006

Peter Kümmel said the following, On 2006-02-22 23:31:

> mini: Icon theme crystalsvg not found.
> mini: Couldn't find current icon theme, falling back to default.
> mini: Icon theme crystalsvg not found.
> mini: ERROR: Error: standard icon theme "crystalsvg"  not found!
> QApplication::palette() failed: please instantiate the QApplication object first.
> No style available in non-gui applications!
>

> When using KMainWindow instead of the KTabWidget it gives a different error:
>
> mini: Icon theme crystalsvg not found.
> mini: Couldn't find current icon theme, falling back to default.
> mini: Icon theme crystalsvg not found.
> mini: ERROR: Error: standard icon theme "crystalsvg"  not found!
> mini: KAccelActions( KAccelBase = 01A094C8 ): this = 01A094CC
> mini: KAccelBase(): this = 01A094C8
> mini: KAccel( watch = [KMainWindow pointer(0x01a09208) to unnamed widget, geometry=761x511+88+88], p
> Parent = 01A093B8, psName = KActionCollection-KAccel ): this = 01A09470
> QApplication::exec() failed: please instantiate the QApplication object first.
>

> Any ideas?
> How could it find crystalsvg?

Have you got ~/.kde/cache-HOSTNAME/ksycoca and
~/.kde/cache-HOSTNAME/ksycocastamp files created using kbuildsycoca.exe
started by hand?

(~ directory is defined as LETTER:/document and settings/LOGINNAME)

I guess you're not trying to run sycoca as service/daemon? I've not tried this.
Before running kbuildsycoca.exe, make sure your KDEDIR environment variable is
set properly to the localtion where you have share/icons/.... subdirectory.

Apps with simple GUI like KFind should at least start (without offering proper
functionality). KDialog should work well. These were the first test apps for
me back in mid 2003...

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska