[Kde-windows] Problem running dcopserver

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Fri Oct 14 23:11:32 CEST 2005

Ralf Habacker said the following, On 2005-10-14 22:45:

> after dcopserver could now be compiled without problems i have socket related
> problems with dcopserver:
>
> 1. I'm not sure, if the KDE-ICE runs with winsock 1 or winsock2. Currently it
> is mixed. Some files  uses winsock.h and some winsock2.h.
> Can anyone say, which winsock release should be used ?
>
> 2. running dcopserver results in WSAWOULDBLOCK problems, which i have tried to
> catch (see dcop/KDE-ICE/misc.c) without any success
>
> 3. there are additional errors for. WSAECONNRESET, I don't could deal with.
>
> Currently I have no idea what's going wrong. If there is someone with more
> winsock experience as I, it would be nice, if he would take a look into this
> stuff.

Ralf,
It's obviously not me. Please ask Andreas Roth (aroth at arsoft-online.com).
Recently he hasn't time to port the stuff to Qt4, but he looks like first
person why may find a quick answer to the problem.

> BTW: The patch is build with winsock2. I had got a running one time
> connection, (probably using winsock1) but i cannot reproduce it.

I propose to create a SVN convenience tag for current win/ subdirectory and
then commit your winsock2 and Qt4-related changes to trunk.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska