[Kde-windows] Problem running dcopserver

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Oct 14 22:45:14 CEST 2005

Hi all,

after dcopserver could now be compiled without problems i have socket related
problems with dcopserver:

1. I'm not sure, if the KDE-ICE runs with winsock 1 or winsock2. Currently it
is mixed. Some files  uses winsock.h and some winsock2.h.
Can anyone say, which winsock release should be used ?

2. running dcopserver results in WSAWOULDBLOCK problems, which i have tried to
catch (see dcop/KDE-ICE/misc.c) without any success

3. there are additional errors for. WSAECONNRESET, I don't could deal with.

Currently I have no idea what's going wrong. If there is someone with more
winsock experience as I, it would be nice, if he would take a look into this
stuff.

BTW: The patch is build with winsock2. I had got a running one time
connection, (probably using winsock1) but i cannot reproduce it.

Regards