D25120: Redirect utils.kde.org to kde.org/applications/utilities

Carl Schwan noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 9 22:08:21 GMT 2020

ognarb added a comment.

  In D25120#608393 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25120#608393>, @dakon wrote:

  > So I finally found time to look at it. First, I would suggest to trigger archive.org to collect all pages before they are shut down.
  >
  > Then I think some development information that is currently linked is missing on application.kde.org: links to krazy code checker, translation page and so on. While krazy is just nice to have the translations can direct non-code contributors to the place where the po files can be picked up and directly worked with. Also the API documentation link is missing. Or just a link to the wiki where all of this is collected at one place. Also there is a link to the community forum, but not the community wiki where additional information for the programs can be found.
  >
  > All of this could be a benefit for all entries on applications.kde.org, this is not specific for utils. If there is a decision that some of this should not be added there then it's fine with me, I just looked at the differences so far.
  >
  > If you have archived the pages then we can go and drop utils.kde.org if there is a plan to address the other points.

  So the missing information are:

  - Link to po files -> this shouldn't be too difficult to implement, if I understand correctly the layout of the url
  - the ebn/krazy part is already implemented but it is disabled because it is broken. I need to figure out that is broken and fix it.
  - API documentation should also be easy to implement, since we can add a custom field in the AppStream with the link.
  - And for userbase it seems like there was code for it in kde.org/applications but I have no idea if it's functional. I need to investigate.

  Anyway, I will start looking for solutions for the above points and then come back to you when this is done.

REPOSITORY
  R971 KDE Utilities Website

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D25120