D21542: Ignore Okteta part if there is an external application available

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jun 2 15:03:34 BST 2019

kossebau added a comment.

  Or, in other words: this seems a pretty single symptom driven fix, which does not reflect the overall UI of Ark. There are "Preview", "Open", "Open with" actions available. As user I would expect certain different things to happen for each action. The LMB click seems bound to "Preview", so it should do a preview, not a normal open. If preview is not supported for a file, that should be shown instead IMHO, instead of without preannouncement acting as if one had chosen "Open".

  My passive suggestion would be to rethink the UI instead to reflect the challenges there are with the limited set of preview modules matching the actual mimetypes.

REPOSITORY
  R36 Ark

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D21542