D8718: CreateJob: create destination entry in the main thread

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 8 11:46:11 UTC 2017

elvisangelaccio created this revision.
elvisangelaccio added a reviewer: rthomsen.
Restricted Application added subscribers: Ark, kde-utils-devel.
Restricted Application added a project: Ark.

REVISION SUMMARY
  `CreateJob::doWork()` might be executed in another thread (if we are
  using the libarchive or libzip plugin), so any QObject created there
  cannot use `this` as parent (since the CreateJob has been created
  in the main thread).

  By initializing the destination Entry when CreateJob is created,
  we ensure everything happens in the main thread.

  Fixes https://phabricator.kde.org/T7206

TEST PLAN
  Create a tar archive from dolphin and check whether we get the warning in https://phabricator.kde.org/T7206

REPOSITORY